2019 Flat Run Wings
~Bore 2,758" * Stroke 2.123 plus or minus .010* 17cc Combustion Chamber
~Exhaust: All pipes must use mufflers. Baffles must be in place.
Mod Muffler is recommended.
~Floor Mounted fuel tank mandatory. Any pulse type fuel pump.
~ Clutch: Disc or drum shoe type
~Carburetor: Any type 22 mm maximum. Venturi (.866 max venturi)
~Piston: Hemi Predator Flat Top. ($18) Includes rings, wrist pin and circlips.
Or NR Racing depends on piston in hole measurement
~Crankshaft: Clone crank 2.123 plus or minus stroke .010
~ Flywheel: Arc 6619 or PVL
~Ignition Coil: must be standard clone timing, non-tech
~OEM Style Heads only. ** Valves may be stock or stainless steel.
Max dia. intake 27 mm. Max dia. exhaust 25 mm. Porting allowed.
~Valve Train: * Any type or ratio rocker arms. ***
Any single valve spring (26 lb. white stripe recommended)
Shims allowed (.030 recommended). Lash caps may be used.
Valve seals mandatory on both intake and exhaust.
~Camshaft: Max lift at retainer. Intake .300 Exhaust .300
Max lift at pushrod .225 Intake
Max lift at pushrod .231 Exhaust
Max duration at .050 lift 246 degrees both intake and exhaust (Mod 2 Cam)
~Bearing: Crankshaft bearings must be metallic (no other materials)
~Connecting Rod: Billet aluminum only, any length
If you already own clone parts (196) this is a very strong, inexpensive engine. It has been track tested. If you have any doubts please get in touch with us.
Dick Jones- 814-592-7453 (after 6 PM Monday-Thursday) Call anytime Fri-Sun.
(THIS CLASS MAY BE TECHED AT ANYTIME IF NECESSARY)
Chassis and Body
1. Frames must be of kart configuration and not to exceed 95.5“ in overall length.
2. Bars, other than regular nerf bars may not extend outside the outer edge of the tire. Nerf bars may not extend more than 3 inches outside the outer edge of the tire.
3. All karts must be equipped with a functional roll cage constructed of suitable material and craftsmanship, (No soldering or brazing) and designed to protect the driver. Cage corners must be rounded. Square, triangulated or sharp corners are not allowed.
4. Cage tubing- all structural tubes (everything except side intrusion bar that is approximately elbow height), must be at least 1.125“ with .083“ wall mild-steel or stronger tubing.
~ side intrusion bar- minimum of .750“ tubing with .065“ wall.
5. Cage attachment- 4 points to the main frame, minimum.
6. No chassis suspension of any kind allowed.
7. Body work material must be fiberglass or other similar non-metallic material.
8. No chassis adjustments or devices that allow for adjustments are allowed while the kart is in motion.
9. Quick release steering wheel = mandatory
10. A kill switch that effectively disables the motor and is installed within reach of the driver wearing a tightened safety harness is highly recommended.
11. Brakes must be disc and in good working order.
Wheels and Tires
1. Wheels must not exceed 6 inches in diameter.
2. Axle must be “live” (driving both wheels equally). End of axle may not protrude beyond outside of wheel.
3. Must race with slicks. NO TREADED TIRES!!
1. Wings shall be no wider that the nerf bars.
2. You must start the race with the wing in place!!
1. Numbers must be displayed on the left and right side of the wing and tail piece.
2. Numbers must be legible and of contrasting color to their background.
1. Approved neck braces are mandatory.
2. Mandatory 5-Point minimum harness must be commercially manufactured for motorsports with SFI Rating. 2“ wide belts are recommended for drivers under 150 lbs; 3“ wide belts are recommended for drivers over 150 lbs.
1. Minimum age of driver is 14 years old.
2. Driver under the minimum age must prove to the promoter/track officials that he/she is capable of racing at this competition level.
Weight~ 350 lbs. minimum
Fuel~ Alcohol. No additives of any kind allowed.
**This class is designed to be fun. Points will be kept on each kart for the year 2019.**
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Dick Jones at 814-592-7453 or Randy Perrin at 814-280-6281.